My Family

My Family

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Incident at the Waffle House

So the older I get, the more outspoken I become. What started as a nice breakfast with the family, spiralled into an unforgettable episode. There we sat, waiting to place our order, when a man sitting at the counter caught my eye. He got my attention, by being rude to the waitress. Though the man was rude, the waitress always kept a smile and was so polite. A few minutes passed and his order was ready, he then went off on the waitress stating his order was WRONG!! She apologized, taking the plate back to the cook. It was just a couple of minutes later, she brought the customer the new order. He started yelling at her again and said, what is the cooks problem?!? Why cant he get a simple order right? Again she smiled and took back the order. Meanwhile her co-worker, Amanda, leaned over and asked the guy, "what was wrong about your order?" He filled her in and she said, "sorry your waitress is new." First of all, the waitress didnt cook the order, so it wasnt her fault! Needless to say, the order finally arrived to the gentlemans liking.
Even though the guy was extremely rude, he did recognize his rudeness and left the waitress a FIVE DOLLAR tip. Here is where it got ugly....Amanda cleared the man's plate from the table and I witnessed her sliding the 5 bucks into her pocket!! I just could'nt believe my eyes, nor could I just sit aside and keep my mouth shut. My husband knows me well and said, "don't do it, dont say anything". I said, "I will be right back! I descretely, went up to the mans waitress and asked if she knew he left her a big tip. She said, no I didnt see one on the table. I told her, "no wonder, because Amanda TOOK IT!! I told her, I would take care of it and I walked over to my husband and daughter, to tell them, let's go,we are leaving.
While checking out, I opened my big mouth and here I went.... I said, "Amanda, may I ask you, when were you planning on giving Vickie her $5.00 tip!?" She looked puzzled at me and said, "that was her table"!! I said, "that may be, but I never saw you take the order, get yelled out or correct the order", but I did hear you roll her under the bus, by saying she was new! She began telling me, that I did not know how they run things at the Waffle House--- when one waitress has problems, the other waitress' help each other out. Then, I said, "Oh, well did you split it with Vickie and give her $2.50?" She said, I WILL GIVE VICKY THE $5.00!!!!! But I realy dont appreciate you putting this out there in front of everyone, she said. I then began to inform her, if she had done the right thing, I wouldn't have been in the position of putting IT out there!!
On the way out of restaraunt, Tony leaned over to Chloe and said, "I hope you enjoyed that Cherry Sprite, because we are NEVER going to be able to eat at the Waffle House again!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment